As an advocate for local history and preservation, the Historical Society employs several initiatives:
- We provide information and assistance to Indian River County government and all of the communities located in our county on issues of historic importance.
- We work with Federal, State, and regional governmental agencies to save and restore historical and nature resources.
- Assist government and private property owners with applications for historic markers and other historic designations.
- Work with government to save and restore our county’s historical resources to insure they are preserved for generations to come.
- We welcome you to contact us if there is a significant project where you believe the Historical Society might be of assistance. As an all-volunteer organization, we will respond to you as soon as we are able.